Export Participation Data to the Blackboard Grade Center
Once you have linked your Blackboard and LectureTools courses, you can send class participation scores to a LectureTools column in the Blackboard Grade Center.
After you have successfully exported participation data to the Blackboard Grade Center, you can use the LectureTools column just like any other assignment or exam grade column to factor into student grades.
- Login to LectureTools from your Blackboard course site.
- A) Click the Assess tab, B) choose Activity Answers, and C) select Activity Participation.
- Each column represents a specific lecture, with Total Activities | % Participation displaying in the top row. Each cell in a student’s row is the number of activities in which they participated for a given lecture.
- Use the checkboxes above each lecture column to select what data will be sent to Blackboard. Note that by checking or un-checking a specific lecture, each student’s Total Score will adjust:
The Total Score column is what will be sent to Blackboard as a percentage for each student.
- Once the Total Score column has all of the correct lectures included, click Send total to LMS.
A dialog will appear that will confirm which lecture dates will be included.
Remember that because LectureTools creates only one column in Blackboard, you must select all lecture dates to be included in the grade each time you export from LectureTools.
- In the Blackboard Grade Center, you can configure the LectureTools column in the Column Information menu to be included in Grade Center calculations, be visible to students, and/or make statistics (average and median) available to students.
For the column to grade students correctly, the following options must be selected:
Primary Display: Percentage
Points Possible: 1